York Guest House Access Statement
We are a 10 bedroomed bed and breakfast providing en-suite accommodation within 10 minutes of York city Centre
• We offer booking by telephone, fax or email via our website. We offer information on public transport and how to find us by car, train, or bus
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
• we have a large private car park at basement level. there is space for 14 cars. Access to reception from the car park is via wrought iron stairs with balustrade. Access to the front of the house is at normal ground floor level with two 10 inch high steps in to the front porch. There are bannisters on each side
Main Entrance, Reception & Ticketing Area
• Two 10 inch high steps in to front porch with bannister on each side.
• Wrought iron stair case from car park to reception at rear of the building
Public Areas - Hall, Stairs, Landing, Corridors etc
• We have no lift or escalator. There are two sets of staircase in the building accessing the first floor and second floor. No further steps in the rooms or along landings
Public Areas - Sitting room, lounges, lobbies etc
• Dining room and loungs are at ground floor level with easy access. the doorways are standard sized and are unable to be made wider as Grade 11 listed building.
Restaurant / Dining Room, Bar & Bar area, Take Away & Cafe
• Ground floor dining room - tables can be moved around and chairs. Good for disabled access
Bedrooms & Sleeping Areas
• We have one room suitable for wheelchairs users but only if the guest is able to get out of the wheelchairs within the room, There is a step down into the large en-suite bathrooms. The property is a listed building so structural adjustments are disallowed. The room has bath rather than a shower
• Staff available to help in emergency. Aware of disability. Fire alarm and emergency lighting.
Address: 74-76 Holgate Road
Telephone: 01904 625081
• No future plans other than ramp to access fron of builing
We welcome your feedback to help us continually improve if you have any comments please phone 01904625081 or email.
Created: 18 February 2009